- 2 -3 lbs pork roast (or larger!) or 2 -3 lbs pork loin ( or larger!)
- 3 (1 ounce) packets chicken gravy mix ( 3 dry packets, you can use less, but modify the water(1 cup per packet accordingly)
- 1/2 ounce Italian herb seasoning ( has to be Durkee Grill Creations Italian Herb Marinade Mix, use 1/2 dry packet)
- 3 1/4 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- cajun seasoning, powder
- Cut slits in pork and place in crock pot.
- In separate bowl, mix chicken gravy packets, marinade mix packet, water and oil.
- Pour over pork.
- Sprinkle Cajun seasoning on pork.
- Cook 8-10 hours.
- If possible, cut pork and stir gravy over pork during cooking.
- Serve gravy over mashed potatoes.
- NOTE: If you can not locate the marinade mix, you can order online at: www.yourfoodstore.com.
- 1 -1 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 (12 ounce) jars salsa
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Put chicken in dish in single layer.
- Mix salsa and yogurt and spread over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 8 ounces chocolate, coarsely grated
- 3 very fresh eggs, separated into whites and yolks
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream ( whipping cream)
- 1 orange, finely grated rind only
- 3/4 cup heavy cream ( whipping cream)
- 2 tablespoons Scotch whisky
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 orange, zest use the vegetable peeler and cut into thin strips
- Combine chocolate, whisky and cream in a heatproof bowl and place over pan of simmering hot water, stirring until melted.
- Remove from the heat and allow cooling slightly.
- Beat egg whites to hard peaks.
- Beat the yolks with the finely grated orange rind.
- Add egg yolk mixture into the cooled chocolate cream, stir.
- Fold in the whisked egg whites.
- Spoon the mixture into six individual cups or glasses.
- Chill in the fridge for at least three hours.
- Just before serving, whip the cream for the topping with powdered sugar add the whisky and whip shortly again.
- Spoon cream over the mosse, top with orange zest strips and serve immediately.
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons candied orange peel, thinly chopped ( may substitute with 1 tbsp freshly grated orange peel)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup candied pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1/8 cup candied ginger, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For crumb mixture - combine in a small bowl, flour, sugar, butter and candied orange peel.
- Beat on low speed for 2 minutes until well mixed.
- Set aside 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture for later use.
- Press the crumb mixture into an ungreased 8" square pan.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes, just until edges are lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool, while you make the filling.
- For the filling - Combine cheese, sugar, egg and lemon juice.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the candied pineapple and ginger.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the warm crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumb mixture on top.
- Put back in the oven and bake for 15 - 20 minutes longer.
- Cool completely, cut into squares and store covered in the fridge.
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 5 ounces frozen spinach, chopped
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and chopped ( 2 cups)
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 dash hot sauce
- In a saucepan, cook onion and garlic in hot butter and olive oil over medium high heat 4 to 5 minutes or until onions are tender.
- Stir in broth, spinach, potatoes, broccoli, oregano, mustard, salt, nutmeg and hot sauce.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat.
- Cover; simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are very tender. Cool slightly.
- Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Return to pan. Stir in milk. Heat through.
- Serve with croutons if desired.
Page 1 of 3,63612345...102030...»Last »