- 1 1/4 cups grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cheese, salt, pepper, and cayenne in a medium bowl and stir to combine. Add the butter.
- Using a hand mixer, beat the cheese mixture and butter until combined. Add the flour 1/4 cup at a time, mixing only until incorporated and the mixture holds together.
- Place tablespoon-sized balls of the dough on 1 or 2 parchment paper-lined baking sheets, tapping the dough down gently with your fingertips. Bake until just beginning to brown at the edges, about 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes. Transfer to a serving plate.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion ( chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves ( minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 cups calabaza squash (chopped 1 inch pieces) or 2 cups butternut squash ( chopped 1 inch pieces)
- salt ( to taste) (optional)
- Heat oil in a saucepan and fry onions until translucent.
- Add garlic and fry until light golden brown.
- Add cumin seeds and fry until they begin to pop and release their aroma. (About 30 seconds).
- Mix in the pumpkin and saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water. Cover and lower heat to med low. Cook for about 10 minutes or until tender.
- Remove lid and mash pumpkin with fork or potato smasher thingy:-)until smooth.
- Add salt if using. If water is not yet absorbed, cover and simmer until water is absorbed.
- Remove pot from heat and serve as a side dish with rice or roti.
- 3 medium beets, about 6 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons water
- 12 slices Italian bread, each about 1/3 inch thick
- 1 large garlic clove
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Rub dirt off beets with paper towel, and put beets in tightly sealed casserole, and bake for 60 to 90 minutes until tender.
- Cool beets, peel them, cut off stem and roots, and cut into small cubes (about 1/4 inch).
- Put beets into medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, green onion, vinegar, thyme, salt, and black pepper.
- In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese and water.
- Preheat broiler.
- Put bread onto a cookie sheet, lightly brush more olive oil onto fronts and backs of bread, and toast both sides under your broiler.
- Cut open your garlic clove and smear some garlic onto one side of bread.
- Spread goat cheese onto the garlic side, top with beet mixture, and serve at room temperature.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 ounces cooked bacon, crumbled ( about 12 slices)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Melt butter in large skillet. Add mushrooms and onion and saute.
- Drain excess moisture. Stir in cheese and bacon.
- Transfer mixture to a lightly greased 8 in square baking dish and bake 20 minutes.
- Serve with bagel chips or any heavy cracker or bread.
- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3/4 lb cold cuts ( your choice)
- 1/4 lb mozzarella cheese or 1/4 lb provolone cheese
- 1 whole roasted red pepper, cut in strips
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thinly in rings
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Slice a long loaf of Italian bread horizontally. Cut sides of the bread are sprinkled very lightly with good olive oil.
- Then begin layering the deli foods of your choice: ham, Genoa salami, pepperoni for slicing, mozzarella cheese, roasted peppers, red onion rings, sprinkling every other layer with olive oil and oregano.
- When layering is complete, the loaf is wrapped tightly in heavy-duty aluminum foil. (This much can be done ahead of time.).
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until hot, about 30 minutes. Slice into individual servings and enjoy!
Page 1 of 3,51712345...102030...»Last »