- 6 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (optional)
- 6 ounces carrots, chopped
- 5 ounces celery, chopped
- 5 ounces onions, chopped
- 3 ounces gluten-free noodles ( wide soup shape style)
- 1 1/2 cups textured vegetable protein, chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning ( or your favorite soup spices)
- salt, to taste
- Heat oil in a large non-stick soup pot. Add garlic, onion, celery, and carrot and saute for 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften. (If skipping oil, simply boil vegetables right away.).
- Add broth, water, and seasonings. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Add noodles. Simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Add textured soy protein chunks and frozen peas. Simmer for another 8-10 minutes.
- Check that everything is softened to your liking, season to taste with salt.
- 1/4 lb feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey ( I used raw honey)
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 1/2 cups green seedless grapes ( about 1 pound)
- 1 pear, ripe but firm ( Bartlett or Anjou)
- 6 -8 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Place feta in a small bowl.
- Drizzle with oil and honey. Add pepper and toss gently.
- Shortly before serving, halve grapes lengthwise.
- Gently toss grapes and pear slices.
- Scatter the feta over the fruit.
- Garnish with basil.
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 cups self-rising flour ( MUST be self-rising)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray and pour batter evenly into the cups.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes at 425 F or until dough rises and turns golden brown.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (6 ounce) packages chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Cream butter and sugars; add egg.
- Beat well.
- Stir in vanilla and flour.
- Press mixture on bottom of ungreased 11x15" jelly roll pan.
- Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- While hot, sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Spread melted chips over cookie base.
- Sprinkle with almonds, pressing lightly.
- 16 ounces shredded coleslaw mix
- 1 bunch green onion, sliced with tops
- 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup cashew halves
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles, reserve seasoning packet
- 1/4-1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1 apple, with peels, diced
- 1/2 cup sweetened cranberries
- 1/2-1 cup seedless cucumber, quartered, peels on
- 1/2-1 cup sugar snap pea, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup radicchio, for color (optional)
- 2 grilled chicken breasts, 1/2 per person (optional)
- seasoning packet from soup
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar or 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar or 1/2 cup white vinegar
- Mix all veggies, nuts and fruits together.
- Break up DRY noodles (**do not boil) and add to veggie mix before serving.
- Make dressing. Whisk together all the ingredients listed, until sugar dissolves. Set aside if making ahead.
- At this point you can refrigerate overnight.
- Toss with dressing, serve and top with chicken or shrimp, if desired.
Page 1 of 3,44812345...102030...»Last »