- 4 eggs
- 4 slices serrano ham or 4 slices bacon
- 4 fresh green asparagus
- 100 g peas
- 2 garlic cloves
- olive oil
- Finely slice the garlic cloves and fry in 2 tbsp olive oil in a strong earthenware casserole dish.
- Cut the ham into cubes and add to the casserole dish - sauté for 5 mins over a low heat.
- Wash the asparagus pieces and remove any rough ends leaving only the tender shoots - cut these into pieces about 3 cms long and add to the casserole dish - sauté for a further 5 mins - season with salt.
- Add the peas to the casserole dish cover with a little water and simmer until the peas are almost cooked (5 mins or a little longer if using frozen peas).
- Finally break the eggs whole into the casserole dish and leave over the heat until the eggs are cooked.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2/3 cup skim milk
- 1 large banana, peeled and cut into chunks ( ripe)
- 1/2 cup frozen fat free non-dairy topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3 cups fresh strawberries
- In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking powder.
- Cut in margarine till mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Make a well in the center; add skim milk all at once.
- Stir just till dough clings together.
- Drop in equal portions onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a 450 degree oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, for banana cream, in a medium bowl mash banana with a fork until smooth. (You should have about 1/2 cup).
- Add whipped topping, yogurt, honey and nutmeg; stir till smooth.
- Reserve 6 berries for garnish; slice remaining berries.
- To assemble, split cocoa biscuits in half crosswise.
- Set tops aside.
- Arrange strawberry slices on bottoms.
- Dollop about 2 tablespoons of the banana cream mixture over sliced berries on each biscuit.
- Top with the biscuit tops.
- Dollop 1 tablespoons of the remaining banana cream on top of each of the assembled shortcakes.
- Garnish with the reserved whole strawberries.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 large banana
- Toss everything into blender.
- Blend until smooth and enjoy.
- If it's too thick add more milk until you reach a desired consistency.
- 1 (9 inch) frozen pie crusts, thawed
- 1 lb Italian sausage, sliced or crumbled
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 (15 ounce) cans pizza sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning (optional)
- 2 teaspoons parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Bake the pie crust according to your package's directions. I usually prick the bottom and sides of the crust all over with a fork and bake it for 10 minutes, or until it becomes slightly golden. Remove, and set aside.
- Brown the sausage for about 5 minutes in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and mushrooms and cook for a further 5 minutes, or until the sausage is cooked and the onions are soft and translucent. Drain of any excess fat. (You can add salt & pepper at this point depending on how salty/spicy your sausage is- I usually don't).
- Sprinkle the mozzarella and parmesan on the bottom of your pie crust. Top the cheese with the sausage mixture, and spread it out evenly. Next, spread the pizza sauce over the top, making sure the filling is completely covered. Finally, you can sprinkle the Italian seasoning and grated cheese on top, if you wish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for at least 5 minutes before serving.
- 1 lb rigatoni pasta ( uncooked)
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 5 1/2 cups eggplants, diced and peeled ( about 1 large)
- 1 large zucchini
- 2 cups sweet onions, thinly sliced ( about 1 large onion)
- 3/4 cup scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) cans crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, fresh and grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add eggplant to pan and saute about 6 minutes, or until lightly browned. Drain on a paper towel.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat. Add garlic to pan and and cook no more than 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add onion, zucchini, and scallions to pan. Cook about 6 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped basil, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simer about 15 minutes.
- Combine pasta, eggplant, and tomato mixture in a large bowl; stir in shredded mozzarella. Transfer to a 13x9" baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with Parmesan. Cover and bake at 350 for 15 minutes; uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes.
Page 1 of 3,27412345...102030...»Last »