- 1 (19 ounce) cans black-eyed peas
- 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 garlic clove, crushed through a press
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, chopped and cooled
- Mix the black eyed peas, onion, red pepper, celery, and jalapenos in a bowl.
- Whisk the vinegar, sugar, and garlic in a small bowl. Gradually whisk in the oil. Stir into the beans and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, stir in the cilantro or parsley and bacon if using. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve at room temperature.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Brown ground beef and onion and drain excess fat.
- Rinse quinoa.
- Add tomatoes, chilies, quinoa, water and spices to ground beef and simmer, uncovered, for about 25 minutes.
- If water evaporates, cover pan for remainder of cooking time.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate morsel ( 250mL)
- 3 tablespoons butter (45mL) or 3 tablespoons margarine ( 45mL)
- 40 ounces marshmallows
- 6 cups Rice Krispies ( 1.5 L)
- canned frosting or decorating gel
- assorted candy
- In large saucepan melt chocolate morsels and butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1–inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly.
- Using large circle cookie cutter, very small circle cookie cutter and rabbit head cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut cereal mixture into shapes. For each rabbit, attach one rabbit head shape to top of large circle shape with frosting. Attach one small circle for tail to each. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
- Microwave Directions:In microwave–safe bowl heat chocolate morsels, butter and marshmallows on High for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 (14 ounce) cans low sodium beef broth
- cooking spray
- 1 cup uncooked arberie rice
- 3/4 cup chopped shallot
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup mascarpone cheese
- fresh thyme ( to garnish)
- Combine 2 c boiling water and mushrooms; let stand 30 mins or until soft. Drain through a colander over a bowl. Reserve 1 1/2 c soaking liquid; chop mushrooms.
- Bring soaking liquid and broth to a simmer in a small saucepan (do not boil). Keep broth mixture warm.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add rice, shallots, and garlic; saute 5 minutes. Add wine, and cook until liquid evaporates (about 2 mins).
- Add 1 c broth mixture to rice mixture; cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until the liquid is nearly absorbed, stirring constantly. Add remaining broth mixture, 1/2 c at a time, stirring constantly until each portion of the broth mixture is absorbed before adding the next (about 25 mins total). Add mushrooms, grated cheese, chopped thyme, salt, and pepper; stir gently until cheese melts. Spoon 1 c risotto into each of 4 bowls and top with 1 T mascarpone and thyme leaves if desired.
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first nine ingredients; shake well.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
- Divide the salad greens, tomatoes and mushrooms among eight salad plates.
- Shake dressing; drizzle over salads.
Page 1 of 3,22012345...102030...»Last »