- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 cups strong coffee
- 1 cup vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup vodka
- 2 cups whipped cream, for topping
- Combine sugar and coffee.
- Chill several hours.
- Place 1/4 cup ice cream in each of 4 glasses.
- Add 1 1/2 ounces vodka to each glass.
- Divide the coffee mixture among the glasses and serve topped with whipped cream.
- 15 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2-1 teaspoon baking soda
- Divide popped popcorn equally between 1 lightly buttered 13x9 baking pan.
- Combine salt, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, molasses, ginger and cinnamon in a large heavy saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat till mixture comes to a full boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, remove from heat.
- Add baking soda, it will foam up -- stir well.
- Pour over popcorn in prepared pans and toss to combine well.
- Bake at 250* for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.till popcorn is crisp --.
- Cool completely, and store in an airtight container.
- 16 ounces pasta, bowtie style
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 scallions, diced
- 3 ounces pepperoni, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta to al dente, drain well and transfer to a large bowl.
- While pasta is cooking, whisk oil, vinegar, parmesan cheese, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and garlic powder together in a separate bowl.
- Toss pepperoni halves, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese and diced scallions into the pasta bowl. Add dressing and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1 1/2-2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced ( some of the green reserved for topping)
- 1 cup pineapple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 (8 ounce) packages tempeh
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- white pepper, to taste
- Cut the block of tempeh into 1/2 " cubes.
- In a small sauce pan add soy sauce, tempeh cubes and enough water or broth to cover the cubes.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the canola oil over medium heat, add mushrooms, red pepper, and white parts of scallion, and saute until mushrooms shrink a bit.
- Toss in the pineapple and simmered tempeh cubes.
- Finally add cooked riced, sesame oil (to taste) and either add a splash of tamari, or the extra liquid and broth from the simmered tempeh.
- Check for seasoning and add white pepper if desired, top with green parts of scallion and serve.
- 2 lbs rutabagas
- water, to cover
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- Peel rutabagas and slice thinly.
- Put in medium saucepan and cover with water.
- Boil until tender, 30-45 minutes.
- Mash then add sour cream, margarine and salt
- Eat and enjoy.
Page 1 of 3,54512345...102030...»Last »