- 3 -3 1/2 lbs apples ( Golden Delicious, Granny Smith, Gala)
- 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- store bought pie crust
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Peel and cut apples into 1.4inch slices.
- Squeeze lemon on top to prevent browning.
- Make Caramel sauce by putting sugar and water into a small pot over med to med-low heat and let come to a boil and turn a caramel color. DO NOT STIR AT ALL. This will take about 10-15minutes.
- Once it is caramel colored turn off heat and add heavy cream, now you can stir.
- Once the bubbles subside put back on a low heat and add Vanilla Extract.
- Let sit on a low heat till ready to use.
- Toss Apples with flour and cinnamon and put into a pie pan with a layer of crust on the bottom.
- Pour caramel sauce all over the apples.
- Cut butter into small cubes and dot all over filling.
- Put 2nd piece of dough over the top and brush on egg wash (1egg mixed with 1tbs water) and sprinkle on the 2Tbs of sugar.
- Cook at 350 for 45-55 minutes until golden brown.
- Let sit at room temp 1-4hrs before serving, if you dont it will be a mess.
- Serve at room temp or put in a 325 oven for 20-25 minutes and serve warm.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast half ( 4 small)
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup thick & chunky salsa
- 10 ounces frozen corn ( about 2 cups)
- 2 cups brown rice, uncooked ( Minute Rice's brown rice)
- 1/4 cup fat-free cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cover. Cook 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through (170 degrees F).
- Remove chicken from skillet; set aside. Add water, salsa, and corn to skillet; mix well. Bring to boil.
- Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 minutes. Top rice mixture with chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; simmer an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and rice has absorbed liquid.
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup white wine or 1/2 cup additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the broth, wine and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; cook until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add the shrimp, tomatoes, salt and pepper flakes. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in basil. Drain pasta; toss with shrimp mixture.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) cans asparagus spears, drained
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup oil
- Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper.
- Cook chicken in hot oil till white, about 10 minutes then drain.
- Put asparagus in medium sized baking dish.
- Mix soup, lemon juice, mayo and chicken and pour onto asparagus.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375°F for 30 minutes or untill bubbly.
- 1 ounce Irish whiskey
- strong black coffee
- 1 -2 teaspoon sugar
- whipped cream
- Put whiskey and sugar into warmed cup.
- Fill until 1/2 inch from top with coffee.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Top with whipped cream.