- 1 cup cut corn, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch cayenne or 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 medium red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced red onions
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large skillet, add corn, oil, water, cumin, and cayenne or red pepper flakes.
- Over medium heat, cook, covered, for 5 minutes or until the corn is tender.
- Uncover and continue to cook for a few minutes to evaporate the excess moisture.
- Set skillet aside to cool.
- Slice the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
- Peel the avocado and chop into 1/2 inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add in the lime juice and stir.
- Chop the bell pepper into 1/2 inch pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the red onion and cooked corn; stir to combine.
- Add salt and hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped cilantro on top.
- Serve immediately or chill, then serve.
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg ( to taste)
- Combine sugar, constarch, and salt in saucepan, add milk.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly (8 minutes), cook one more minute.
- Temper eggs by briskly whisking small spoons of hot milk mixture into eggs (best done in a small heavy bowl).
- Whisk egg mixture into milk mixture.
- Add rice, raisins, butter and vanilla.
- Let stand 10 minutes.
- Stir gently, spoon into dessert dishes and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries ( other berries would work fine here)
- Toast the oatmeal in a 400°F oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Beat the cream until it is soft, not stiff. Add and gently beat in the sugar and vanilla.
- Fold in the cooled oatmeal and raspberries. Put into a serving dish, cover and chill. Enjoy!
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In bowl, combine cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter till combined. Press into bottom and a little up the sides of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven 10 minutes; set aside.
- For the filling, beat cream cheese with mixer till smooth with sugar. Add zest and juice; beat till smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time till completely incorporated; add vanilla.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven for an hour and fifteen minutes to an hour and a half, or till filling is nearly set in the middle of cheesecake when shaken gently.
- For topping, beat sour cream and sugar with vanilla till smooth with spoon. Then carefully spread evenly over the baked cheesecake.
- Bake in a 325 degree oven ten to fifteen minutes, or till topping is nicely baked with cheesecake.
- Cool fifteen minutes, then cut around edges with sharp knife, cool thirty minutes and remove from spring form.
- When completely cooled cover with plastic wrap and chill 24 hours before serving.
- Chill leftovers.
- 4 eggs
- 175 g caster sugar ( 3/4 cup)
- 200 g ground almonds
- 1 fresh lemon rind, finely grated
- 75 g self raising flour ( 1/2 cup)
- 100 g of good quality chocolate, broken into squares.
- icing sugar, to dust
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper liners, or use a patty cake tray with approx.
- 18 holes and line with paper liners.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with an electric beater until mixture thickens to the consistency of thickened cream.
- Fold in the ground almonds, lemon rind and flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases.
- Press one square of chocolate into the centre of each cake so the the chocolate is completely surrounded by the batter.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool and dust with sugar to serve.
Page 1 of 3,83312345...102030...»Last »