- 1 1/2 cups lean roast beef, diced
- 1 (28 fluid ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups potatoes, diced
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups celery, sliced
- 1 cup pot barley
- 8 cups low sodium beef broth
- Add broth, meat, vegetables and barley to large pot.
- Bring to just below boiling on medium heat.
- Reduce to low heat, cover, and simmer for 1 hour.
- 1 (6 ounce) cans canned tuna
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise ( I use fat-free)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 hard-boiled eggs ( chopped up)
- salt and pepper
- Drain tuna and put in bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients & mix well.
- Do a taste test and adjust amount of ingredients.
- Serve on warm toasted bread.
- vegetable oil, enough to fill your skillet no more than half way up
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 lb fresh okra, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- Heat the oil in a large, heavy-bottomed skillet (may use sauce pan, but you'll have to cook in more batches) to 350 degrees F.
- In a plastic bag, combine cornmeal, flour, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Shake it up to mix it up thoroughly.
- Place cut up okra in a bowl, and pour the buttermilk over it. Toss it so that each piece is coated with buttermilk.
- Add the okra to the bag with the cornmeal mixture in it, and shake it well to coat.
- Carefully add the okra to the hot oil, and cook until golden brown. You may need to cook it in batches, depending on the size of your skillet or pan.
- Remove from oil, and drain on paper towels. Test a piece to check and see if you need to add more salt. Do so if needed. Serve immediately and enjoy!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
- 1/2 cup coconut, toasted (optional)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 3 jumbo eggs ( room temperature)
- 3 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/8 cup powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Melt chocolate over a very low heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Next beat together butter, sugar, eggs and instant coffee for 1 minute, on medium speed.
- Next mix in in flour mixture and buttermilk alternating 3xs, on low speed until just combined.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted chocolate, toasted coconut and 2 cups of batter, mix and set aside.
- Pour 1/2 of the remaining plain batter into the prepared pan.
- Next spoon the chocolate batter ontop of the plain batter.
- Pour remaining plain batter over the chocolate batter and run a knife thru the layers to gently create a swirling effect.
- Bake 45 - 50 minutes, checking to ensure cake is cooked.
- Let the cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then invert on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Lightly sprinkle powdered sugar ontop of cooled cake and serve.
- 6 -7 ice cubes
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup rum
- 1 -1 1/2 pint Orange sherbet
- Place all ingredients in blender, topping off with sherbet.
- Serves 2.
Page 1 of 3,37312345...102030...»Last »