- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ( plus some for oiling)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt ( or just under 1 teaspoon of Kosher Salt)
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 12 ounces New York strip steaks ( 1 Steak)
- 8 ounces cherries (halved) or 8 ounces grape tomatoes ( halved)
- 3 sprigs fresh oregano ( to serve) (optional)
- Heat a grill pan, or cast-iron or heavy non-stick frying pan.
- In a small dish that can take the steak snugly later, combine the extra-virgin olive oil, red pepper flakes, dried oregano, salt, and red wine vinegar. Oil the steak lightly and put it in the hot pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side, then remove it to the dish of spicy marinade and sit the cooked steak for 2 minutes a side in the dish. Your steak will be rare, but that's the way it's meant to be.
- Remove the steeped steak to a board, ready for slicing, and while it sits there, arrange the cherry tomatoes, cut-side down, in the marinade dish. Cut the steak into thin slices on the diagonal and arrange on a serving dish or 2 dinner plates.
- Smoosh the tomatoes around in the marinade, then pour them, and the marinade, over the ribbons of meat. Add a few leaves of fresh oregano, if you can get them, and serve immediately.
- 1 gallon apple cider
- 1 -2 cup apricot brandy, to taste
- 1 pint whipped topping, whipped ( or Cool Whip, or Ready Whip)
- cinnamon stick
- nutmeg (optional)
- Mix together the apple cider and brandy in crock pot.
- Heat until warmed through.
- To serve: put a cinnamon stick in a mug and pour in punch.
- Then top with whipped topping and a sprinkle of nutmeg.
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 2 ounces premium white chocolate chips
- food coloring
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- On a lightly floured surface, rolls out puff pastry sheet to 1/8 inch thickness.
- Using cookie cutter of choice, cut out 9 shapes per sheet.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- It's a good idea to place your uncooked napoleons in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes to ensure that they are cold.
- Bake at 400º for 8-11 minutes, until lightly brown and puffed.
- Cool completely on rack.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Split puff pastry shapes in half.
- Place bottom halves on serving plates.
- Spoon filling equally over bottom halves.
- Lightly top with top halves of napoleons.
- In a heavy duty zip lock baggie, melt white chocolate in microwave about 30 seconds, until soft.
- Add a drop or 2 of food coloring to melted white chocolate and knead baggie until color is even.
- Cut a small corner off the baggie and drizzle melted chocolate over napoleons.
- Alternately, you can sprinkle with powdered sugar instead of white chocolate.
- Serve immediately.
- 300 g ground lamb, prepared for kafta
- 150 g long grain rice, rinsed and drained
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon granules
- 2 liters water
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter
- Make balls the size of a hazelnut from the kafta.
- Heat the clarified butter in a saucepan and add the meatballs; brown.
- Add the tomato puree and bring to a boil. Add the rice, chicken stock granules and the water, stir lightly to combine and simmer over low heat.
- Cook until rice is tender and add salt to taste.
- 2 (4 ounce) grilled chicken breasts
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks Red Hot
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) boxes Chicken In A Biscuit crackers, by nabisco ( chicken-flavored)
- Cut up chicken into small pieces and heat along with hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on a low setting until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.
Page 1 of 3,36912345...102030...»Last »