- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water, approximately
- 2 (16 1/2 ounce) cans purple plums, drained
- 1 cup almonds, ground
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar, extra
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Sift flour into bowl, cut in butter, add egg yolk and enough water to mix to a dry dough.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface, knead lightly until smooth, cover, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Roll pastry large enough to line a 9-inch flan pan, refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile halve and seed plums, drain on absorbent paper.
- Combine almonds, sugar, lemon rind and egg in bowl, mix to a paste.
- Combine extra sugar and cinnamon thoroughly.
- Spread almond mixture into pastry case, top with plums, dot with butter, sprinkle with sugar mixture.
- Bake in 375°F oven about 50 minutes or until golden brown.
- Dust with powdered sugar, serve warm or cold with shipped cream and sliced almonds.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 pie crust ( see recipe #17834)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare basic pie crust and line a pie plate.
- Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl melt the butter in the microwave.
- Mix together the eggs, buttermilk, sugar, vanilla and coconut.
- Whisk egg mixture into the melted butter.
- Pour into the unbaked pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees, reduce heat to 300 degrees and continue to bake for 35 minutes or until the middle is set.
- 1 kg chicken piece
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -3 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons five-spice powder
- Place the chicken pieces in a large dish or plastic bag.
- Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Marinate refrigerated overnight or for 1 to 2 hours if time is short.
- Transfer the chicken to a baking dish and brush with the marinade.
- Cook uncovered in a preheated 350F (180C) oven, brushing once or twice with the marinade, until the chicken is done, about one hour.
- 2 -3 lbs beef roast, any kind
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/4 ounces onion soup mix
- Place roast in crockpot.
- In bowl, mix together the sauces and the soup mix.
- Pour sauce mixture over roast.
- Add enough water to crockpot so that it reaches about three-fourths of the way up to the roast.
- Cook on low 7-8 hours. Shred beef and serve on sandwich buns.
- 15 1/2 ounces corn, drained. ( 1 1/2c)
- 29 ounces black beans, drained and rinsed. ( 3c)
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped. ( 1/2c)
- 1 bell pepper, diced. ( 1c)
- 3/4 lb cooked chicken breast, cubed. ( 3c)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice ( 2 limes)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt & pepper
- olive oil (optional)
- tortilla (optional)
- Prepare all vegetables.
- Dice chicken (I usually cook the chicken while I am preparing the vegetables, then I dice it while it's warm).
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Let it sit for a few minutes. (The warmth of the chicken will heat the salad and help the flavors to marry quickly. You can let this sit for about 10 mins or put it in the fridge overnight.).
- Stir to redistribute the ingredients.
- Serve with tortillas (avocado & sour cream go well too.).
Page 1 of 3,34412345...102030...»Last »