- 1 package instant powdered cocoa mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 ounce Amaretto
- 1 ounce Frangelico
- Heat water to boiling and pour into mug.
- Add hot cocoa packet.
- Stir til dissolved.
- Add amaretto and frangelico.
- 1 lb penne pasta, cooked according to package
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/8 cup minced garlic
- 1/3 cup minced sun-dried tomato
- 1 -2 chipotle pepper, crushed
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 cup water or 1 cup vegetable broth or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- grated cheese
- pine nuts, toasted
- Heat oil in a large pan add broccoli stir fry 2 minutes: add onions and stir fry 1 minute; add garlic, sundried tomatoes, chipotle, and Italian herbs stir fry one minute; add cup of broth bring to boil and lower heat.
- Cover and simmer till broccoli is tender about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper if needed and top with fresh basil and sprinkle with grated cheese of your choice & or pine nuts .
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely minced onion
- 1 cup yoghurt or 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno peppers
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt. Add cheese and onion and mix with a fork.
- Whisk yoghurt, melted butter, eggs and jalapeno together. Add to dry ingredients. Stir until evenly moistened.
- Bake in lined muffin cups at 400 F for 15 minute.
- Delicious on it's own or with cream cheese.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or 1 cup pecans
- Beat eggs.
- Gradually add sugar.
- stir in lemon juice and pumpkin.
- fold in remaining ingredients.
- bake in well greased/floured jelly-roll pan 12-15 minutes at 375.
- Remove and roll in powdered sugar dish towel.
- For filling:.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Unroll the cooled roll and frost with filling.
- Reroll (without dishtowel) and place on serving plate.
- 1 1/4 ounces unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon glycerin
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract ( clear)
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- food coloring (optional)
- Place the cold water in a small microwave-safe bowl and sprinkle the gelatin on top, stirring it to distribute it. Let the gelatin set and soften for two minutes. Once set, microwave the gelatin for 15 seconds until it liquefies. Do not boil!
- Stir the corn syrup, glycerin, and vanilla extract into the gelatin. Microwave for an additional 15 seconds, then stir again until the mixture is smooth and clear.
- Add optional food color, and stir.
- Place 1.5 pounds of the powdered sugar in the bowl of a large stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment and make a well in the center. Pour the melted gelatin mixture over the corn syrup into the well.
- Mix on low speed until the liquid is incorporated. With the mixer running, gradually add the rest of the powdered sugar. Use a paper plate or flexible cutting mat to make this easier. Scrape down the sides and bottom of bowl to ensure all is incorporated.
- Fondant will be very sticky and thick. Don't worry this is normal! Tightly double wrap it in cling-wrap and let it sit at room temperature for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours roll out and apply to cake.
- Note: I use a mixture of corn starch and powdered sugar in a sifter when I roll out the fondant. Put some of the mix on your surface and rolling pin before rolling. Use the sifter to occasionally add more to the rolling pin and rolling surface. Also, turn the fondant 1/2 to 1/4 turn after a few rolls. This will keep you from having sticking problems later.
Page 1 of 3,48912345...102030...»Last »