- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb halibut fillet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt ( Recipe #396007 or your favorite)
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup diced shallot
- 1 slice cooked bacon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash fillet and towel dry of moisture.
- Mix cornstarch, seasoned salt, sugar. Coat the halibut with the mixture.
- In a saute pan that is oven safe heat olive oil and butter over medium high heat.
- Pan sear for 3 minutes on one side flip add shallots and bacon and baste with some of the butter/oil from the bottom of the pan. Sear for 3 more minutes. Continue basting with the oil/butter mixture. Transfer the pan to the oven and finish cooking for about another 6 to 8 minutes.
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) jars apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix together ground turkey, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, parsley flakes, poultry seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- Shape into one-inch balls.
- Brown meatballs in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Remove meatballs from pan and remove any fat from the pan also.
- Heat ketchup and apricot preserves in the skillet, stirring until blended.
- Add dried cranberries to the sauce mixture.
- Add meatballs until coated with sauce. Simmer uncovered 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup fat-free low sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 1/2 teaspoons whole allspice
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf, crushed
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 1/2 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, mekted
- 2 ripe plums, halved and pitted
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, and pitted
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Place the first 8 ingredients, through maple syrup into a pan, bring to a boil, and dissolve salt.
- Cool, and seal pork and brine in a zip-loc plastic bag, chill for 8 hours, and drain.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle pork with 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
- Grill pork on a rack coated with cooking spray 3 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
- Combine 1 1/2 teaspoons each of syrup, and butter and brush onto fruit.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon each salt, and pepper.
- Grill fruit, cut sides down, on rack coated with cooking spray for 3 minutes.
- Cut each peach, and plum half again, and serve with pork.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 lbs green beans, trimmed
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Lightly oil a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine the broth, lemon juice and oil in a glass measuring cup.
- Place the beans on the prepared baking sheet and drizzle with the broth mixture.
- Spread the beans out into a single layer.
- Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven.
- Season beans with the salt and the freshly ground pepper, then stir and turn over.
- Sprinkle with the almonds.
- Roast for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until the beans are wrinkled and tender and the nuts are fragrant and browned.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 16 ounces button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup yellow onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 cups dark chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 cups steamed cooked white rice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves, chopped
ESSENCE (USE 1 TABLESPOON)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Set a 10-inch, straight-sided saute pan over medium-high heat and add the oil. Season the chicken thighs with the Essence, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken, skin side down in the pan and sear until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn the chicken over and sear on the second side for another 3 to 4 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pan and add the butter and mushrooms. Saute the mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until browned and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the onions and garlic to the pan and saute for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle the flour into the pan and cook, stirring often to make a light brown roux, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste, stock and rosemary to the pan, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
- Return the chicken to the pan, skin side down and cook the chicken for 30 minutes. Turn the chicken over and cook until the meat is very tender, about 30 minutes.
- Serve the chicken over rice and garnish with the chopped parsley.
- Emeril's ESSENCE Creole Seasoning (also referred to as Bayou Blast): Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Yield: 2/3 cup.
Page 1 of 3,86212345...102030...»Last »