- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 medium apples, peeled & sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey, warmed
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until fluffy, add lemon juice & eggs & beat well.
- In another bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, salt and spices.
- Fold flour mixture into brown sugar mixture, add milk & raisins; don't overbeat.
- Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 springform pan & Arrange apples on top, pressing them down somewhat into the batter.
- Bake 1 hour then drizzle with warm honey & sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- 1 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced bottled garlic
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup canned jalapeno slices
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place all ingredients into a blender and blend briefly to desired texture.
- Ready to serve immediately but the longer it rests the more the flavors will blend.
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 tablespoon capers, roughly chopped
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb green peas, blanched if fresh, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, combine the mint, capers, shallot, zest, oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add the peas and goat cheese and toss gently.
- Serve at room temperature.
- 1 pork tenderloin ( 1-1/4 lb)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 -2 minced garlic clove
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- Cut pork into 1-inch slices and flatten to about 1/4 inch in thickness.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In a large nonstick skillet melt butter and cook pork in batches over medium-high heat until juices run clear. Add all the meat to the pan and reduce heat to low.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients; pour over pork and turn to coat. Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- 18 (3 inch) pita bread, each cut into 4 wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
- Place pita wedges into a large bowl and drizzle with oil and toss until coated.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour half of mixture over pita wedges. Toss and then top with the remaining mixture and toss again.
- Arrange in a single layer on a greased baking sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 - 15 degrees until golden. Cool completely and package in air tight containers.
Page 1 of 3,15712345...102030...»Last »