- 1 1/3 lbs white potatoes, peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt, pepper to taste
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 3 ounces tomato paste ( 1/2 can)
- 1 1/4 cups low-fat yogurt, strained to obtain sour cream consistency
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- boil potatoes in salted water for 10 min, remove.
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- brown beef; season with thyme, oregano, garlic, salt & pepper.
- add onions and green pepper and stir until softened.
- add tomato paste.
- in a 9 x 13 inch baking pan assemble dish:.
- potatoes + beef mix + potatoes +yoghurt/sour cream + cheese.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minute.
- serve with crusty bread and a salad.
- 1 cup dry elbow macaroni
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch dressing mix
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- Boil macaroni in water until tender.
- Mix macaroni with remaining ingredients.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- With mixer beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Beat in almond extract and salt.
- Mix in flour and blend into a soft dough by hand.
- Press dough into an ungreased 8x8" pan, top with almonds, pressing into dough bake 25-30 minutes until golden brown around edges.
- Use a dull knife to cut into squares while still warm when cool use a spatula to transfer slices to a rack to completely cool.
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 3/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 packages ramen noodles
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 cup oil
- 2 packets noodle flavoring
- Combine cabbage and onions.
- Set aside.
- Mix together all dressing ingredients and refrigerate.
- Toast the sesame seeds and almonds.
- Smash ramen noodles into bite size pieces.
- 2 to 3 hours before serving, combine all ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Just before serving, add the sesame seeds.
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef ( or use ground turkey)
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder, ground
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- In large skillet brown ground meat, green pepper, onion and garlic. Add tomato sauce and chopped tomato. Add ground cumin, salt and pepper.
- Mix chili powder in half cup of water and stir well. Add to meat mixture. Let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add cooked beans. Simmer another 10 to 15 minutes. Taste for full flavor.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti and enjoy it with corn bread muffins. mmmmmmm -- delicious.
Page 1 of 3,24312345...102030...»Last »