- 4 English muffins, torn or cut into bite-size pieces (4 Cups)
- 2 cups cubed cooked ham or 2 cups chicken (10-ounces)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen cut asparagus or 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen broccoli, thawed and well drained or 2 cups fresh cookedasparagus or 2 cups broccoli
- 4 ounces process swiss cheese, torn or 4 ounces gruyere cheese, cut up
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- pepper (Salt if using chicken)
In a greased 2-quart square baking dish spread half of the English muffin pieces.
Top with ham, asparagus, and cheese.
Top with the remaining English muffins pieces.
In a bowl whisk together eggs and sour cream, Stir in milk onion, mustard, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.
(If using chicken add salt.) Pour evenly over layers in dish.
Cover and chill 2 to 24 hours.
Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree oven for 60 to 65 minutes or until internal temperature registers 170 degrees on an instant thermometer.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.